BMR.18.104.22.168 (Album Print black & white)
Hugh E. Richardson
Yamdrok Tso Region > Nagartse
Print gelatin silver
British Diplomatic Mission to Lhasa 1936-37
Donated to the British Museum in 1986 by Hugh E. Richardson
[PN] X 25 [view loan photo]
F. S. Chapman Collection in the Pitt Rivers Museum
Other Information - Album: This caption-less image appears on page 41 of the album with 2 others of an old man and a young boy [MS 24/08/2006]
Other Information - Setting: The setting for this image has been established by cross-referencing it with the photographer Philip Neame's handlist. It was evidently taken when he returned from Lhasa rather than en route to the Tibetan capital [see Same Image As] [MS 24/08/2006]
Other Information - Location: Nangartse (snga dkar rtse) is situated on the route between Gyantse (rgyal rtse) and Lhasa north of the Yamdrok Tso (Yar 'brog mtsho) lake. The fortified building serve as the residence of the Dzongpon (rdzong dpon), the district governor, and as the adminstrative centre of the area. [TS 18/4/2005]
For Citation use:
The Tibet Album. "Archers at Nagartse" 05 Dec. 2006. The British Museum. <http://tibet.prm.ox.ac.uk/photo_BMR.22.214.171.124.html>.
For more information about photographic usage or to order prints, please visit the The British Museum.
© The British Museum