BMR.6.8.298 (Transparency colour)
Hugh E. Richardson
East Kyichu Valley Region > Tsa phodrang
60 x 90 mm
Richardson's 1948 tour of the East Kyichu Valley
Technical Information - The cameras used to take this collection of colour slides (Dufay colour) were a Zeiss Super Ikonta and a Reflex Korelle. [KC 09/10/2006]
Manual Catalogues - Typewritten handlist entitled 'Hugh Richardson Collection, The British Museum. Photographs taken between 1936-50. Cameras: Zeiss Super Ikonta, Reflex Korelle. 300 colour slides (Dufay colour); copies made Jan. 1995.
[no.] 298. Tsa Phodrang (damaged slide).' [KC 12/10/2006]
Other Information - Background: Richardson mentions this site in High Peaks, Pure Earth , London, Serindia Publications, 1998, p. 308. "About five miles up the Skyid-chu [from Drigung dzongsar] is Rtsa Pho-brang (1948), a strongly built 'palace' headquarters of an administrative office of Rdzong-gsar. It appeared almost deserted except for a steward and a monk who tended the chapel of Rdo-rje-dbyings in a turret in the back of the building." [KC 22/10/2006]
For Citation use:
The Tibet Album. "Tsa phodrang near Drigung dzongsar" 05 Dec. 2006. The British Museum. <http://tibet.prm.ox.ac.uk/photo_BMR.6.8.298.html>.
For more information about photographic usage or to order prints, please visit the The British Museum.
© The British Museum