2001.59.4.25.1 (Film negative)
Hugh E. Richardson
Lhodrag Region > Nezhi
54 X 43 mm
Negative film nitrate
Donated August 2001
The executors of the estate of Hugh E. Richardson
Richardson's 1950 Lhodrag tour
Manual Catalogues - Notes on negative album - '4 LHOBRAG 1950' 'Gongkar. Dzaring La. Lha khang Dzong. Sras. Pemaling Tso. Ku la kangri.' written in white in Richardson's hand.
Manual Catalogues - Notes on negative index - Folio 25. 'Towers below Gnas Bzhi'
Manual Catalogues - Richardson's Handlist: "Album 4: 'Journey starting at Gong-dkar rdzong on Gtsang-po, 29.18. N. 90.48 E.' 'No. 25. Towers on left bank of Btsan-'gro chu near Stag ra. 28.15.N. 91.18.E.'
Manual Catalogues - [Hugh Richardson in conversation with Paddy Booz; see PRM Related Documents File] "Tsen dro chu valley, near stag ra. 91 degrees 81 min.east, 28 degrees 16 min. north. Note stone tower."
Other Information - History: The tall watch towers are found in border areas of Tibet and are believed to have been constructed during the time of Tibetan empire in 7-8th Century AD. [TS 19/5/2005]
Other Information - Dates: The date is derived from Richardson’s negative album No.4, the cover of which is marked with ‘Lhobrag 1950’. These images seem all to have been developed as part of a batch arising from a trip to Mug, Lhobrag etc in 1950. [MS 22/12/2005]
For Citation use:
The Tibet Album. "Settlement and watchtowers situated near Nezhi" 05 Dec. 2006. The Pitt Rivers Museum. <http://tibet.prm.ox.ac.uk/photo_2001.59.4.25.1.html>.
For more information about photographic usage or to order prints, please visit the The Pitt Rivers Museum.
© The Pitt Rivers Museum