Hugh E. Richardson
Yamdrok Tso Region > Pede dzong
90 x 60 mm
Donated August 2001
The executors of the estate of Hugh E. Richardson
Notes on print/mount - 'Pede Dzong Hermitage' is written on the reverse of print in pencil in Richardson's hand and 'Agfa Lupex' is stamped in black.
Other Information - Dates: This image was probably taken using a Zeiss Super Ikonta C using 6 x 9 negative size and there is a group of related images, the contact prints for which are printed out on Agfa Lupex paper and have distinctively decorative edges, made by using a special guillotine. These images all seem to relate to the period of the British Mission to Lhasa in 1936-37 under Sir Basil Gould or to 1938 at the latest [MS 22/12/2005]
For Citation use:
The Tibet Album. "Pede dzong fort and settlement on Yamdrok Tso" 05 Dec. 2006. The Pitt Rivers Museum. <http://tibet.prm.ox.ac.uk/photo_2001.59.13.74.2.html>.
For more information about photographic usage or to order prints, please visit the The Pitt Rivers Museum.
© The Pitt Rivers Museum